Monday 28 November 2011

Just my thoughts on Omar Khadr

After hearing about Omar Khadr being held prisoner I felt very sorry for him because he was just 15 years old and had to witness many people around him getting killed. He is the last westerner being held and what surprised me the most was reading that the Canadian government has yet to ask for his return. I personally feel that at 15 years old he shouldn’t be treated so poorly by these people because he hasn’t done anything wrong in my opinion. 10 years later and he still has no freedom and he is in isolation which can mentally damage a person. After getting shot 2 times, the medics were treating his wounds and he told them to shoot him which is something someone should never have to tell another person, especially at 15 years old. I feel that Omar Khadr was deprived of his childhood and deprived of the opportunity to grow up as a regular teenager without his family. In Guantanamo Bay he was treated as if he wasn’t human and its very sickening to read and hear about the things that have been done to him. I could never imagine being treated the way he is being treated and no one deserves it. Everyone deserves the right to live normally and they have deprived him of his rights and his freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment