Thursday 15 December 2011

Conclusion

For the past for months, I was apart of a class that opened my eyes to things that I never took the time out to pay attention to before. This class opened my eyes to some of the various cultures and I got the chance to learn even more about my own culture. I was able to broaden my mind and learn something new every week. Watching the El Contrato video was one of the most memorable moments for me because I actually felt moved by their story. After watching the video I felt as if these people are being cheated in life. The things people have to do sometimes to provide for their families is very sad. One thing I did like about the video is once these people came to Canada to work, they considered all the other workers as their family too because only they understand one another's pain and it's amazing to see how close they became. I loved the doing the photo documentary and the interview with a migrant assignments because I got to use it as an opportunity to focus on things that were close to my heart. Another thing that I learned was that, it really is a struggle to move to a whole new country and to be happy. I migrated to Canada when I was young but doing the interview with my mother made me realize that moving from Jamaica was one of the most important decisions she made for her family and I am happy and content with that decision because I am at an age where I can understand why she made such a major decision. I now understand that migrating to a new country is something that many people choose to do because of the opportunities that are out there. People are looking to live better lives and to make sure that there kids are ok and sometimes the only way to do that is to migrate. All in all, I can truly say that I have learned more in this class than I have in any other class this semester and I am happy to have been one of the first students in this class at Humber.

No comments:

Post a Comment